Sunday 2 November 2008

Halloween Photos

You'll have to excuse me today because I am going to bombard you all with photos of Friday night's party at my friend's house (because I want a record of it!). We go each year for Halloween and we always have a fantastic time - which is especially good as I'm not a huge fan of Halloween on the whole!

So first of all here are the little Lockets in their deliberately not very scary costumes

Dot as a witch (in a borrowed-for-the-photo hat)

Daisy in her fabulous Dare-Devil costume from Gina


and Fred as a very cuddly Sully monster.


Next I need to show you the pumpkins.

The children got to carve ones that we had grown at the allotment. I took 5 over to my parents' house with the children when I dropped them off to stay for three days so I could go to work and left MY BIG SISTER Ally (who was up visiting with her family) with the task of helping the children carve them! (I'm nice like that!) Three of them were normal round ones but two were weird courgette(zucchini)/pumpkin hybrids - which made for interesting carving apparently!

Dot's original one turned out to be rotten so she and Fred shared this one - with her date and his stars


and Daisy carved this one.


Here they are with all their friends' pumpkins at the party - they all look fabulous and spooky!


There was loads of fabulous food

with this message in the middle

and lots of silly games including this one where they had to feel their way through a bowl full of cold spaghetti trying to identify the hidden objects


Dot looks like she loves the feeling of cold spaghetti between her fingers doesn't she?

Sadly I was a mean (and very tired) mummy and made the children come home before they had the chance to play this game


but we all had a really lovely time and I thought I'd leave you with a photo of a very witchy pair of legs belonging to Dot's friend - perfect tights!


Come back next time to find out who I got to meet up in Edinburgh a while ago - she should have returned home by now so all can be revealed!

Lucy x

18 comments:

Gina said...

What a fabulous party! Great pumpkins and food! Brilliant to see our old costumes out for halloween... that's the fourth one spotted this weekend!
G x

Quinn said...

love the tights and the shoes :)

I hope the work is going well!

Kitty said...

Well I for one rather enjoyed the bombardment with photos. Looks like a brilliant party - your three all looked fab. Did you and Mr Locket get dressed up too?

x

trash said...

Hello Missus Locket, loving the carving work of the two mini-Lockets.

est said...

love the pumpkin shot

Michelle said...

what great costumes they look fabulous...
and the strippy tights are my favorite...
great to see you guys having so much fun...

Anonymous said...

How great! It looks like so much fun! We really dont celebrate Halloween in Australia and I was so upset we missed out on seeing a US one when we left 2 days before it. Looks like you and the kids had a fab night!!

Simone said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I like the dangly marshmallows! The stripy legs look like the wicked witch of the west or is it the east?

Jenny said...

Wow! You guys sure know how to party! Love the pumpkins!

Mrs Moog said...

It looks like lots of fun Locket! Your Little Lockets look fab I do love the hat Dot's wearing :-)

What did you go as?

xxx

randi said...

Looks like so much fun! And those witch legs are just perfect!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Oh OH I love those there tights...

Lina said...

Those pumpkins look fab - I forgot to carve mine...!

dottycookie said...

Looks fabulous - mine refused to do the spaghetti game!

Thimbleanna said...

Ahhhh, dear Lucy! You've been SO busy in my absence! Love all the little Lockets in their costumes!

How ARE you? Is the dog adjustment going well??? I've been thinking lots about you! My blog breaky is over now, but the video card has died on our computer so I have to wait even longer to post -- ACK - it's driving me nuts! Hopefully TMoftH will be able to get a part tomorrow or I will burst!

Anonymous said...

Loving those outfits and pumpkins and pictures of food (natch!), but how come we didn't get to see you in your skeleton outfit this year??

;)

wonderwoman said...

looks like a fun party and all the costumes look fantastic! i just love the tights! hope work not getting you down tho!!

xxxxx

Victoria Plum said...

Love the tights!! I'm also very jealous of your pumpkins ... after a promising start earlier this year my pumpkins didn't get much bigger than a brussel sprout! Oh dear ... !