Tuesday 25 November 2008

I'm sorry!

I've become a really rubbish blogger lately - not only am I not replying to your lovely comments I'm also getting really bad at writing posts. But I am quite happy to lay the blame squarely on "the new dog" - it has nothing to do with me being lazy. Nothing at all. Really.


To make matters worse I have loads of Thank You's to say for all the lovely gifts I received down in London!

Lesley treated me to one of her fabulous Christmas quilts


Gina gave me a beautiful peg-doll fairy


Trashy painted this amazing pear tree decoration


Ali gave me one of her beautiful origami wreaths and some fab red and white string


Emma made this gorgeous bracelet


and Val made this stunning one


- they go so beautifully together and I have been wearing them nearly every day since I got back!

And Michaela gave me some of her delicious fudge


it looks good doesn't it?

No?

Well it did! And it was scrummy!!!

Thank you all so very much! My presents are lovely and meeting you all was fab!

My sewing production went into overdrive in preparation for the BIG trip to London but since then I have been busy knitting - mainly because I have completely fallen in love with the set of knitting needles I bought in Loop


I don't think I have ever loved a craft tool as much (well, apart from my magic pen, my fabulous notebook of all notebooks and my sewing machine of course) - but these needles are gorgeous! I just want to keep on knitting! Shame I have so much sewing to do!!!

Finally you may also be pleased to hear that my smelly BIG sister has managed to update her blog!







(at last!)

24 comments:

trash said...

I find myself lurking more than commenting these days. Blogging is a funny old business, isn't it?

April said...

Ooo, I love your goodies. How is the new Dog - got one myself now - start next week

April xx

Cele said...

Good to see you posting again. I'm sure your really busy with the new job. Glad you enjoyed your trip to London.

Anonymous said...

lots of lovely presents Mrs Locket - you are a very lucky lady indeed
lisa x

Mrs Moog said...

Well I'm glad you haven't been blogging as I'm finding it hard to keep up with bloggage right now...due to my new sock-knitting obsession!!

Slightly worried at the thought of Trashy lurking about.....

.....scary!

xxx

Kaz said...

Lovely goodies you got there Lucy. I'm hoping the dog doesn't take too much of your crafty time away.

dottycookie said...

Hey, at least you have the new dog to blame it on. I only have a dodgy net connection as my excuse ...

Kitty said...

Double ended pins? That's serious knitting that is. I foresee some serious sockage.

Lovely gifts you got. Is the new dog still going ok?

x

Gina said...

Lovely wooden knitting pins... don't sit on them though like I did my beautiful wooden crochet hook... which then snapped in two.

French Knots said...

What super presents, bloggers are the best!
How is the new dog? Going well I hope.

Jo in TAS said...

Damn dogs always under our feet! If I didn't have a dog I'd get sew much done but I'd run out after the money and UFO's dry up!

sewkalico said...

Love that kind of fudge the best! LOL
The Xmas quiltlet is bautiful!!

sewkalico said...

read BEAUTIFUL!!

Lissa Jane said...

ooh what lovelies..
you are a crap blogger, but then again, I am crapper! LOL
life gets too darn busy!


Lissa
who'd gladly give the bastard cat and the bailey the wonderdog away at the moment...
word verification tardis.. spooky!

Jenny said...

Oo Lots of lovely presents for you! Enjoy!

Leanne said...

It's OK to be a slack blogger. Love that fudge.

Annie said...

The darn "dogs" do get in the way of our lovely bloggy life - I know how you feel. I am looking forward to my long holidays very soon. Loved seeing all your goodies and you made me laugh out loud at the fudge photo. Thanks for that.

Little House By The Sea said...

You certainly got some nice goodies there.. Hope that the new "dog" is going well.

Sarah x

Joanne said...

What excellent goodies you came home with. Especially the fudge. That looks most excellent.

(Don't know why it's taken me so long to find your blog but I'm glad I have :)

wonderwoman said...

i know what you mean - at the moment i seem to be running round like the proverbial headless chicken ( sorry chooks!) but getting nowhere fast and finding no time to blog when i want to!!!


xxx

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

It looks like Christmas came early for you. Lovely things.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you scored well on the gift front on your weekend away, and I was looking for just those dpn's in John Lewis yesterday. Alas and alack I had to settle for metal ones which don't look nearly as pretty as yours.

Happy sock knitting .... in between seeing to the needs of that pesky dog!

:)

Jodie said...

and how is that new dog going my dear? got it mastered yet?

Silvia LGD (Little Green Doll) said...

Wow, lovely presents! you are very lucky!!