Thursday 23 January 2014

a humble confession.......

.....all those years ago when I organised my great big mini quilt swap where everyone had a swap partner and I then set about to do individual swaps with a whole load of wonderful crafty peeps it all got a bit overwhelming.

And I have to confess that there were about three mini quilts that I didn't end up making :(

I had complex spread sheets about which person was getting which quilt etc but when it all fell apart I kind of (totally) hid my head in the sand and gave up. Since then I have had several computer crashes and wipes and no longer have those spread sheets to tell me who I owe mini quilts to - just massive guilt about defaulting on a promise.

So..........if you are still reading and you know I owe you a swap gift could you please let me know so I can make amends.

I would love to tentatively dip my foot in the water of swaps/quilting bees but really want to clear my debts first.

P.s I hope you are not too disappointed in me. X

9 comments:

Annie said...

Lucy, I still have your mini quilt with chic chick up on my wall and often think of you.

Jo in TAS said...

I'm one of them but I hold no grudges sometimes life gets in the way x

Leanne said...

Mine is proudly on the wall in my sewing room a lovely bird feeder image. I think of you often.

Stephanie Pettengell said...

Waving here but smiling too. Relax and enjoy life.

Gina said...

My mini quilt of Barley with his birthday sausage is still hanging up in my sewing room!

BIG sister Ally said...

Mine wasn't a mini quilt but a great big one probably just like the Golden Wedding Anniversary quilt! I am sure you promised me and I wasn't dreaming. Looking forward to seeing it in April 2023.

Quinn said...

Oh my gosh, the comment from your sister made me laugh!
I remember that swap and thought it was simply brilliant, but I wasn't bold enough to join in. Which was good, because I remember a lot of very pretty and clever mini quilts!

Jodie said...

i still have my gorgeous green selvedge one, and Baxter sleeps under it every night. I wonde rif you realise Lucy just what else you gave in that swap. my swap partner was mondaland and all these years later I am watching her gorgeous baby girl grow up on instagram.... I made a friend in that swap ( I was already your friend) so you gave far far more than you think and in the great balance, you my friend are not in debt.

Thimbleanna said...

Your sister is hysterical! Apparently she is the only one who can remember a debt LOL. My memory is so bad I can't remember if I participated in that swap (I'm thinking not?) -- all I know is that I have the most adorable wall hanging from you and the children -- featuring Scruff the cat! I'm with Jodie -- it seems to me that you are certainly debt free!